Monday, August 16, 2010

Havens

I popped in to a darling Chelsea “hybrid” Dunkin’ Donuts/ Baskin Robbins Ice Cream shop one day to refresh myself with a Jamoca Almond Fudge glace. The seething summer day and the crushing throng overwhelmed me. The Donut Lady, (DL), witnessing my distress, invited me to share her table. I spontaneously liked her grounded nature, and her ironic, candid sense of humor. Her steadfast conviction in the goodness of humanity has constantly kept my cynicism at bay. We’ve shared a fiercely loyal friendship ever since.

While lunching in my favorite neighborhood diner, I observed Effie, the center of attention in a ladies’ afternoon fete, proudly displaying her magnificent gemstone ring collection. I adored her sincere child-like enthusiasm and her use of her jewels as pure self-expression. As her envious rivals sulked away, I declared my utter enchantment with her exquisite, extravagant collection, and her canny ability to obtain such treasures at a mere fraction of the appraised values! We’ve shared countless afternoons since viewing ShopTV; appreciating stunning, well-crafted items that have been value-priced! I am ever transported by her beguiled nature and her abiding love for me.

Neither will ever admit their mutual affection, although I sensed it from the moment I introduced them at high tea, au Payard Patisserie. My Yin and Yang, I love mes amies as no others; my bond with them has transcended our collective struggles and my meteoric rise to fame. I trust them fully with my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment