Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fabulous, Predetermined

Salut, mes amies! I'm beside myself with joy that you've joined me, blogging about my Road to Fabulous! I grew up, ne Fanny Granger, in an Ohio suburban community that even according to Wikipedia, has had the dubious distinction of being "The World's Largest Community of Brick Homes". Ma mere, a rural-born beauty of ambitious, glamorous taste, (and my premier mentor of haute vogue), found herself standing at the base of La Tour Eiffel in Paris, France, when she was twenty six. While attending a world convention there, she unintentionally broke the hearts of several young Frenchmen due to her inimitable class and poise.
Papa, a former WWII ace pilot, exuded a hero's charisma that often caused people to mistake him for a movie star. During his Paris holiday, Papa was marveling at Notre Dame's magnificence when he caught sight of Mama, fashionably exiting the Cathedral's massive gothic doors. Their eyes met, et voila! The angels began to sing!
So you see, I had a blueprint for my road to Fabulous from le very start!
But my darling Fabutantes, it has been paved with perilous pitfalls; ranging from petite income, loneliness, unemployment, and fear, fear, fear! Mon Dieu! It sounds so dire, doesn't it darlings? Striving to overcome my challenges allowed me to choose what type of person I've wanted to be. That's when I discovered that I could truly be fabulous, regardless of my circumstances. Vive la Fifi et vive la vie!

No comments:

Post a Comment